28.5.14

New Job

I started my new job yesterday. I was supposed to work 9-4 but we finished up around 2 which was nice because I worked the 6-10 shift at the pub last night so I had a nice break in between. And Aj was home because they got rained out too, so it was nice to hang out for a few hours and have a half-assed, whole-hearted dinner together.

The job is good. It's straightforward- I'm packaging food into meal-sized portions and cutting, and refilling containers of vegetables, sauces, meats, etc. The people I work with are nice so far, one has a degree in art history so that's cool. It's small scale, but I enjoy the work I'm doing. It's food prep without the pressure of being in a restaurant kitchen. We have a list to complete, and when it's done we can go home.

And the concept is neat. We prepare the recipe, and all the ingredients- you just come in and pick it up and make it at home. The motto is: Supperworks- taking the work out of supper. haha

All in all, I'm just incredibly thankful and shocked that I'm working two jobs within a five minute walk from the apartment and that I'm actually learning things and getting useful experience. And that the schedules line up nicely.

In other news- some servers have adopted me and are putting a good word in for me to the managers to start serving (tips!!!), and have even started secretly training me in case they decide I can start serving. One has offered to let me come in on a day I have off to shadow her and train me. So I think I'll do that.

I don't know how these things happened, but the universe seems to be in my favour lately.

H






No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.