9.5.14

30 with 30

I think I'm going to have to pull out of this challenge. It doesn't feel like it's right for me.

I really thought I could stick it out and finish the next 20 days, but I cannot.

It was fun at first when I could do it with Aj, and we had a nice time just goofin off taking pictures at the beach. But now that he's working and I don't see him much- it's my smallest priority. I feel absolutely ridiculous taking mirror selfies of my half-assed outfits.

I feel like I've lost a lot of what my blog is about in this- honesty. I have tried (and hopefully that's been evident) to maintain an honesty about this challenge. At first I had reasons behind doing it- I was hoping to gain more followers and through that be able to promote my art. But I don't think it's worth compromising who I am & my blog persona to do so. Then my followers are following me for something I'm not: a fashion blogger. I am not a fashion blogger. I'm a rambler, and an artist. But not a fashion blogger. My lifestyle isn't always beautiful, and neither are my clothes. I'm a poor art student, and can't afford to buy clothes every week, or whenever I go out- even if it's thrift. My clothes are hand-me-downs which I think adds character, but who cares? I don't. If you want to know about my clothes- ask me when you see me wearing them.

I think this challenge has told me a lot about what I want to do with this blog- I know it won't be a lifestyle blog like A Beautiful Mess (which I follow and often dream of having a pretty life like them...) or a fashion blog like Katie's at Loverly She. My blog will be a lot of writing, and some pictures, and some art, and some ideas. I want my followers to follow me for what I put into this, and who I am- not silly ploys to get followers, or by pretending I'm something I'm not.

In this though, I think I've learned a little how to incorporate this kind of post into the blog- but probably posts like my first few with Aj. They're more fun anywho.

If you blog about fashion- this isn't to downplay what you're doing. I follow a lot of fashion bloggers and appreciate what they're doing, but it just isn't me.

So thanks for your support in this, and I'm sorry if you were actually interested in what I wore every day. I might continue the challenge- but I don't think I'll post pictures of it anymore.

Here's one last one for anyone interested in something a lil different with a story:


My great gran bought this during WWII with her savings in London. Pretty cool.


I love you people who love me no matter what, and read all this crap I write even if it's boring.


H

1 comment:

  1. the only way you figure out who you are as a blogger is by trying things even if they don’t turn out! I love reading your stuff, keep at it. love you.

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.