9.5.14

Happy Birthday Grandpa


It's this amazing man's birthday today. He would have been 71. It's so strange that he didn't make it past 70- I think everyone expected him to live until he was 100 or longer. He was so healthy. It's not fair that my future kiddos won't know him except through my memories.

I took this photo from Kieran on Facebook because I regretfully didn't take any of my own while we flipped through the photo albums this evening.

I miss him- family gatherings are strange now-a-days. He was kind of the leader in them, and it seems disorganized and barely held together sometimes now that he's not there to hold it together. But since he's passed, it's the strongest this side of my family has re-grouped and supported one another which is really cool to be a part of. I love my family so much.

I miss him and think of him often.

Gwyn also posted this on facebook, but Maris read this sweet poem at dinner and it's worthy to be shared:

Our Grandfather kept a garden.
A garden of the heart;
He planted all the good things,
That gave our lives their start.

He turned us to the sunshine,
And encouraged us to dream:
Fostering and nurturing the seeds of self-esteem.

And then the winds and rain came,
He protected us enough;
But not too much because he knew
We would stand up strong and tough.

His constant good example,
Always taught us right from wrong;
Markers for our pathway that will last
a lifetime long.

We are our Grandfather’s garden,
We are his legacy.
Thank you Grandfather, we love you




It is well with my soul. And with his. I know this.

xo
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.