14.5.14

Mama P


I know I'm a little late to be writing about my mom since Mother's Day was on the weekend. But you can always appreciate your mom. So why not?

My mom is the coolest person. I appreciate her so much more now that I don't live at home- and I'm sure I'll appreciate her more when I have kiddos of my own. But my mom has definitely made me who I am (or a pretty big part of it anyway)... and not just the hippy dippy part of me (as pictured above).

My mom is so tough, I don't know if I could ever amount to be able to do what she does everyday, or ever even. When I was a kid she was a stay at home mom, and homeschooled 3 of us (with a baby too!). And when we all started school she worked nights so she could see us after school and on weekends.

Now she's an addictions counsellor who is constantly surrounded by unstable, drug addicts and crazies. I probably count as one of them, not to mention my wacko siblings. And she's so strong in what she does, and what she believes. I don't know how she handles her crazy life- so, so busy and always on the fly. But she does, and she functions well (for the most part, haha). And she's the most gentle, loving person ever. She is probably the perfect counselor- she has a huge heart for people and is so caring and loving. She's my favourite counselor. If you need a hug, or someone that probably understands you a lot- go to her. 

She's kind of a mama to everyone- in Aj's cellphone I realized her contact name is Momma P which is why I titled this post that.

I'm so glad I get to be like her in small ways.
I'm a pretty even split of both of my parents and I like to think I have the best of both ;)

But anyways. My mom is the best. And if you don't know her, you should- you can find her at The Well in Alliston every day of the week being uber generous and kind. She is full of grace, and she has an amazing gift with people. I love her.
 


2 comments:

  1. Aww your mom is pretty amazing Hayley but so you are you. I've know you for a while now and watched you grow. Such a nice gift to your mom. Your words are heartfelt. I enjoy reading your blogs and hope you don't mind. I miss Vicky so much! I know she is only a call away. When I read your blogs you make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside Take your time with your life girl. So proud of you and Vicky! Love Caramel

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caramel! I so appreciate your feedback. Of course I don't mind!! Please keep reading :) Miss you and Vicky <3
      H

      Delete

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.