8.5.14

Days 5-8

Hey everyone.
I feel like a broken record on Instagram, and now here with this 30 with 30 challenge. I'm getting sick of taking selfies, and I'm feeling really discouraged that my Instagram profile is lacking in interesting photos nowadays. I will try to up the content on here to something mildly interesting besides these outfits.

I'm sorry. If you're getting sick of it too, I'm sorry. You can unfollow me (but only for the month of May).
I am so unmotivated with this to be honest. I am not loving it at all. But it's supposed to be a challenge right? So I'll keep on keepin' on til it's done.

As I said- I barely wear these outfits at all between when I get out of bed (which the past few days hasn't been til around 2 or 3 o'clock), and when I leave for work. I know- I have such a hard life getting out of bed at 3. I'm not sleeping though don't you worry. I've been waking up at quarter to 6 with Aj to see him off the past few mornings, then I nap for a bit. But since we don't have a couch at the moment, all of my reading, and TV watching, and internet-ing happens in bed too.

Check out our ugly walmart comforter. It's our only spring worthy one- the rest are heavy quilts and duvets. Boo.


The only thing that this challenge is helping me with is actually getting dressed at all. Because if I wasn't doing this I'd stay in my pajamas all day, and if I had to go out- I would probably wear my work uniform haha. So it does refresh my day a little bit if nothing else.

Sorry Katie- I did not anticipate the dread I would face for this challenge at all! :(

In other news- I'm going home to Baxter tomorrow for a small family gathering in memory of my grandfather (the tea party for everyone else is coming up in June), so that's put a rainy cloud over the week for me too.

I know I've shown this before, but it's just too good not to show it again. 


We're supposed to think of things to share, but I just can't face sitting down and thinking about it in fear that I won't be able to go to work from sadness or think for the rest of the day about anything else. My mind rolls around it- I'll start thinking of memories, songs, and pictures that I have that I could share but it seems such a small thing to say for someone's whole life, especially a life so pure and wonderful as his. How can I come up with one or two things to represent or remember him by. It seems too small, and too huge a task.

This post has turned into a bit of a cathartic wave for me, I'm sorry it is long.

Anywho. Here are my last four outfits. I've purposely worn my more uncomfortable pieces because I take them off within half an hour of putting them on.


Clockwise from top left: Day 8, Day 7, Day 5, Day 6
Spot Frida Kahlo in all of these pictures.

So now I'll tell you a bit about the pieces that interest me & where I got them if I know.

Day 8: I got the tank at a shop in Kensington Market (pretty sure it was the Eye of Shiva). I got a pink one similar to it, but I didn't include it in the challenge because I like the yellow one more. The skirt I got at a store on Queen W called F as in Frank. It's Danier, and I don't remember how much it was but it was 70% off, and it's secondhand. I've only worn it once because it's a bit of a tight fit, and it's uncomfy and I constantly feel like you can see my underpants.

Day 7: The crop top was gifted from my grandmother (as my best items of my wardrobe are), and I made the skirt from a women's blouse that I got from the Clothesline in Alliston (thrift). Pretty inexpensive outfit right there, because I didn't even pay for the blouse- it was in a donated bin to the sewing club in highschool. 

Day 5: This shirt was also given to my by my grandma, and the skirt was also from F as in Frank (also 70% off). I love the skirt but it's a bit big for me (safety pins to the rescue as usual). 

Day 6: This is my most 'basic' outfit. As in I bought the clothes at the mall. I know. It's embarassing. But I like to think you can't tell. The top is from Garage, and the skirt is Forever XXI. Yes the top is velvet, I love it, I wear it all the time. Velvet is coming back I say. And I bought the skirt in grade 9 or 10 and held on to it because I knew eventually it wouldn't have that look like I just bought it at the mall.

So there you go.
Since I haven't really talked to anyone much the past few days, if I wrote a lot here that's probably why. Poor Aj's so tired I try not to keep him up with silly thoughts about my clothes and my blog.

I miss my family & my best friend.

H


1 comment:

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.