18.5.14

May 2.4.

This weekend was kind of strange. Let me tell you...

I thought I would be working (because I was scheduled to) on Friday night. Aj and I had a million things we could have been doing: work, 2 birthday parties, visiting parents, cottage, friends, etc. this weekend. So anyways, I got called off of work on friday evening and we decided to go up to Alliston for a visit. We spent the night at Aj's parents place- I love staying there. We haven't seen his parents much lately so it was nice to hang around and look at the river and chat and whatnot.


We went for a walk, and saw Aj's cousins and uncle. It was nice.

My mum picked me up on Saturday morning, and we went home for Gwyn's birthday lunch. Gwyn has had the same birthday cake every year since she decided it's her favourite- banana cake with cream cheese icing. And I am glad she's kept it as her favourite because it's so darn good and it's the only occasion we definitely have it. We didn't have candles, and used a tea light instead which was pretty funny.


She so pretty.

Then we went thrifting and had a blast. I did at least :) So here's what I found. 

Green jeans: $4, Purple Flares: $6 


Here's a close up of the flares. Isn't it fab?


$2

These shorts have always been on my wishlist for some reason. They were cool in grade seven, and they're still cool to me now. Will someone please reassure me and tell me that these buttons are awesome?



Flowery shirt: $1.50 Green tank: $1.50

I've been looking for tanks that will show off my tattoo. The flowery one is the coolest. The picture is of the back and the lace falls right under my tattoo and it looks pretty cool if I may say so myself.


White tank: $1.99, Green tank: $3


Got these two in Alliston and they didn't have price tags. I'm thinking they were $3 each though


Flowery dress: $7.50 Yellow dress: $1.50


Isn't this fabric pretty? It looks handmade. The neckline could probably use some alteration- it's almost to the point of choking me, and if I can get that done by July 5, I'm thinking I might wear it to a wedding. But we'll see. I'll put pictures up of it on me first and see what you think before I wear it in public.

Here are some other shots from the weekend. If you're on Facebook you've seen most of these, but they're fun anyways and I can write more about them on here.


Gwyn doesn't like these pictures but I think they're pretty so she can suck it up. She found the cutest pink dress. Actually I forced her to try it on and I think it was a hit.


I took this picture at a very strange moment that makes it look really sombre and weird but really mum was just pouring the tea and we were just waiting. We were all in good spirits.

Then last night we saw old friends and had a nice time. It was strange though- the core group of 4-6 has grown to 8-9 and it was weird to have so many guys there. It was cool though. Can always use new friends.

I also got some platform type shoes which I'll show later because my honey just got home and I want to hear about his day. 

So ta ta for now.
H







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.