4.5.14

Days 1-4


From the Top Left going clockwise: Day 3, Day 1, Day 4, Day 2

Hey everyone. So I'm at day four in the 30with30 challenge. I've decided I'll share them on here every four days for those of you who aren't on Instagram and so that it gives me a chance to talk a little bit about my outfits. 
And 4 is a nice number for editing my photos. I know there's only 31 days in May which means I'll only have 31 outfits... but I think I'm going to share my work uniform as well which makes it a nice 32 (divisible by four!).

I'm actually having a pretty difficult time with this challenge. Not because I can't come up with outfits... but I have a horrible time posing for them. It takes me a ton of shots to get one that I can sort of use. I tend to look rather miserable. Poor Aj has taken to making baby sounds and ugly faces in an attempt to grab some candid shots.


I bought these blue pants in Michigan on a shopping trip with my Nanna and my sister. The number one question is what I would wear them with because they're such a strange off-blue. I paired it with a Joe Fresh, loose black top (which I actually bought when my grandfather passed away because I had purposely not allowed myself to bring black clothes with me when it happened). Sorry to throw that in there- but I'll never wear this shirt and not remember. 



These black legging/pants are hilarious. Handed down by my grandma- they are VERY hard to get on. They're tiny. But once they're on they're comfy. They're extra thick so I look and feel like I'm wearing pants- I try to avoid leggings. The shirt is Forever 21 (not The Children's Place...). I've started wearing a lot of crop tops with high-waisted jeans. And whenever we're folding laundry Aj makes a remark about how my shirts all look like they belong to 5 year olds.


Both this sweater & the jeans are from JC Penney when we went to Michigan. They're kind of my go-to jeans right now. If you see me wearing them... like...EVERY DAY, it's because I love them and they're comfortable.


The other hard part, is that I'm working every day this week but Friday - and I've been sleeping in. This morning, I had time to wear my outfit for about half an hour before I had to change for work. And it's straight into my pajamas when I get home. It feels a bit like playing dress up more than anything. 

I don't know if I'll do this challenge again after this- but I'm going to finish this month for sure! 


In other news- my website is up. Click here: www.hayleypowling.com ! It doesn't work if you don't use the www right now- I'm working on that part. 

xoxoxo
H










No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.