16.4.14

Thrifting in the afternoon

Ok. Here's the truth everybody. Like two nights ago I said to Aj- I'm going to save a ton of money, and budget really well this year. I meant it! I really did, but then I needed some fabric for our couch cushions (which are currently incredibly ugly). So I thought I'd check value village. And I left with a ton of stuff, but it actually was so nice. I only got two items of clothing for myself! Found some good records, got Aj some pants- he somehow never has pants, and got a popcorn popper. The popcorn popper was actually necessary. I've been craving popcorn for ages, and Aj keeps not wanting to buy any for me. I think this is a cheaper alternative, and I can put tons of salt and butter on my popcorn. I'm pumped for this guys.

And I haven't been shopping in so long. I probably posted last time I did. I have been trying really hard not to spend any money since OSAP ran out recently. And even though I start working next week (eee!!), it's still only a part time job, so I've gotta be wary. All my other funding will come from any art I sell, if I do. Student life yo.

So: I found these things in my hunt today!


Isn't this cute? I like it anyways- I actually have been avoiding lace-y things because it's everybody's prom dress, and it's overdone right now. But I really like this peachy lil thang. Don't know how I'm going to address the translucency issue, but I'm sure I'll figure something out.


Oh goodness. I can taste the popcorn I'm going to make already.


This picture is a little awkward. It was too long to fit on my usual wall spot for photos of my clothes- (I'm gearing up for a 30 in 30 thing which I'll explain in my next post)- I don't regularly catalogue my clothes. But that little window is pretty anyways, so why not hang it from the ceiling?


And some fabric for my couch cushions. It's going to be sweet.

OH, and how can I forget. Vinyl!


Oh man- I'm listening to this right now, and all these memories and songs are coming back to me. I've been humming the orchestral overture my whole life without realizing this is where it's from. This music is so perfect, and I need to watch this movie again.


Ain't Misbehavin' is on this, and that is why I purchased it. I LOVE Fats Waller's version of this song. It's the best. & Louis Armstrong's is freakin awesome too.


Love Joni Mitchell. Plus the album art on this is really cool.

I'd say this is my reward for finishing first year today (hooray!), I went shopping after my English exam. And now I'm done! It's summer! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Sun Sun Sun

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.