21.4.14

Things Change

When I went to Peru, our motto was "things change," and rightly so, because when you're thrown into uncomfortable, and unfamiliar places and circumstances- you often have a lot of adjusting to do. I've decided it's my life motto too, because things get ripped out from under me occasionally, just when I think I've got it all figured out.

I posted before about a nanny job I was looking forward to, and I was going to be starting today. However, last night I got two emails- one from a pub down the road looking for a hostess, and the other from the mum I was planning on nannying for. As it turned out, her mum-in-law offered to quit her job to spend time with her kid, so I wasn't needed anymore. And, I just had an interview at the pub, and I start on Friday.

It's been a strange two days, and my whole plan for the summer has had to change. I'll be working more hours (more money), but it won't be as casual- so I don't know how often I'll be making it up north, or planning weekend adventures as I had hoped.

Oh well. Things change.

XO.
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.