9.6.14

Weekend

I finally had the weekend. Ahhhhh.
I ate so much food, and did so much nothing.

I'm listening to Beach House right now so if you want to here's a song.



This was the longest I've had off since starting work and it felt so nice. We took the bus on Friday night and got to my parents at around 10. We stayed up til midnight chatting and drinking tea with custard and rhubarb crisp. It was a nice time to catch up with my parents.



On Saturday morning, Aj, my dad, and Xander went go-karting and I sat around and relaxed. When they got back we had chicken caesar salad. yum.

We played Carcassonne - if you haven't played it you should give it a shot. It's fun.

My Nanna came in the afternoon at some point- the picture up there I took at dinner.

My mum made steak fajitas for dinner and they were so good. For dessert we had custard again and more tea. I probably had like 30 cups of tea this weekend. I miss that about home.

I had a visit from a very dear friend after dinner. I haven't seen Emily since the beginning of First year- so like 8 months ago. She's off in Guelph studying real academic stuff about brains and what not. We had a nice visit :)


I love this picture. I took a bunch of pictures at night that night because ... well it was dark and I was outside. It's interesting the way the iphone picked things up. 

After seeing Emily- Aj and I went to see the guys. And it was sad because it's the last time I'll see Devon (and Josh but he wasn't there) because they're leaving for their hitchhiking trip in a few weeks. I'm so excited for them but hangouts will be sad forevermore without them.

At this point in the trip my phone died so I have no more pictures.
Anywho, we stayed at Devon's til 3:30 am. We stayed at Aj's parent's house for the night and managed to be awake at 9 to go to church. I haven't been to church in a while and Aj longer. It was good to see everyone again.

We even got to see Jackie and Brandon ! I haven't seen them yet since they've been back from BC, so I was super excited when I found out they were coming. We played a big game of Arabian Nights and Jackie won- beginner's luck. That's another game you should try if you haven't. (My parents own it and would totally play with you if you want, haha).

We caught the 5:50 bus back to Toronto, and I slept in until 10:30. Now we're back to normal life where Aj leaves at a ridiculous time in the morning, and I half sleep for a few hours, and work at the pub in the evenings. This weekend felt like we had a different life for a few days. It was a nice change. We did lots of dreaming about the future, and what the heck we're going to do with our lives, how to be productive outside of work, and other things that matter more than we like to credit them.


Anywho. I'm going to go do something... clean? groceries? something.

xx
h








No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.