17.3.14

Today

If you haven't seen it on Facebook or Instagram yet...

We started painting our new apartment. We replaced the dingy off white (it looked like the white an indoor smoker would have after living somewhere for 50 years.....), with a warm white ($10!), and a cool grey (also $10)!

The guy at the paint store was nice. He showed us all the mistints- even ones he was saving for himself. He gave 1 to us for free, and the other three were $10 each!

Here's a sneak peek. I'm only showing one picture this time, because by the time we finished that room and the kitchen, there was no day light left- and it looks much better in sunlight. So I'll add more when we're completely finished painting, and it's daytime!


I also decided to dye our bed sheets pink. For some reason I bought white sheets. They were pretty cheap, so whatever... but I could've chosen any other colour for Pete's sake.

Aj has nosebleeds in the night a lot. So naturally the white sheets are looking kind of disgusting.

I was browsing home hardware looking for a spray bottle (we have to start cleaning up our place for the person who's moving in.... ), and came across fabric dye and was like- I can have fun while scrubbing the tub. So I bought it and made some pretty sheets. They didn't turn out completely how I wanted, I wanted them an even tone, but since I only had a small bucket, and both sheets had to get squashed in there, it ended up more of a tye-dye (or squish-dye).




I also learned a cool technique to do transfers of drawings and photos and stuff onto fabric, so I might do some doodles to transfer onto the sheets later. I'll definitely let you know if/when that happens.



Also I've been drinking a lot more tea since grandpa died. Maybe it's to honour him, or maybe I missed it since living at home, or maybe I drank so much with my family while I was there mourning that it reminds me of my family. Or maybe it's just really good, and really comforting. Either way. It's what's going on around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.