30.3.14

Earth

So I've had a few people ask me what my tattoo means and I thought I'd write what I know about it.

When I was first brainstorming about what to get, I just immediately thought of the word Earth. Didn't know why- I just did. When I started telling people that I wanted it and they asked, I would just say- "it's relatable, everyone shares it..."



I've always felt a connection to the Earth as many people probably do- with both nature and humanity. Recently I've been on a bit of a spiritual journey and I feel led to lead an earthly life, one that seeks fulfillment and joy in what God or the Earth has given me. Maybe God and the Earth are similar. Always there, always everywhere, and though it's always there, often forgotten and doesn't always make itself known. I like the idea of 'Mother Earth;' it's taking care of us, nurtures us, gives us the resources to grow and learn and become independent. The earth itself is full of resources and gifts for us all and we have the choice to take them and use them well, or to take them for granted in the same way that a God would. And I believe choices are a gift.

I think the First Nations people had it right. Figured out. The Earth is pretty freakin' important.
I've been called a hippie/flower child over and over again.
When I first met Aj, he told me I was 'acoustic, and earthy'. BTW- It's in his writing, not for lovey-dovey purposes, but because he has nice writing.
I've discovered that the city isn't really for me. I had no idea how much I love and need to be in clean, fresh air surrounded by trees and fields until I moved here.

After thinking about all of these things, and having wanted to get it for a while, I was reading my horoscope (which is kind of a joke thing I do once in a while for laughs to see if Aj's Cosmo horoscope comes true each month...) and I read that the element for my sign (Virgo), is Earth. Which -I mean it could only be one of four, but still. It was cool for me.

So that's why I got Earth. And now if anybody asks me about it- I'm sending you here, because this has taken me eons to figure out why I felt compelled to permanently ink the word Earth onto my body.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.