14.3.14

Shout out to things your grandparents make for you!

This morning I was just putting about, and remembering my grandpa and things he would help me with (school projects!), and I realized how much cool stuff my grandparents have made for me, or done for me.

My nanna and my grandma are always making me the coolest things! Nanna makes us jams and sauces all the time. And even though I'm not a huge fan of hot sauce, Aj is and he eats these like nobodies business!






She also crocheted me a rockin' scarf- an infinity scarf. It's my go-to. And it wraps around three times so it's extra warm and lovely. Seen in this picture of when she came to visit me for a day in Toronto. 


And nanna keeps me stocked up with scrubbies too. WHICH ARE THE BOMB IF YOU HAVE NOT USED ONE. It's like the perfect mix between steel wool and a cloth. It's a scrubby.



It's cool because my nanna crochets, and gramma knits. So I get a bit of both!
Gramma knit me a grey sweater when I was little, it disappeared but it was the best sweater...I'm guessing I grew out of it. Now I have two sweaters she's made and I love em. They're so warm. She also made me this cute pair of slippers. (Which is good cause I can't stand bare feet on a dirty floor....yes my floor is dirty, and it's my own fault)....



Grandpa was an electrician- and when I had my electricity unit in grade 9....well. I didn't make that project. I just watched him do it and pretended I understood. Both him and my dad were great for that. In grade 4, for our medieval times project, my dad (helped me) built a trebuchet, battering ram, and a siege tower. I got 100% because clearly I overdid myself, it was the coolest project complete with barbie heads to catapult and a styrofoam castle (my part in the project) to knock over. If I ever got high grades, it was probably because I had the help of some creative parents, or grandparents. Not to mention- if my pants were the right length, I have my mom to thank. + she helped me make my glow in the dark pajama pants. And from all of these guys giving me homemade things, or helping me do them I've become a pretty creative person myself. So thanks!

I don't want to brag or anything... or maybe I do. But I really do have a great family. And really cool grandparents. I love you guys!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.