9.11.14

YESTERDAY

Yesterday, Aj and I had his parents, and my parents over. At the same time. (Are we crazy? Maybe.)
I feel kind of bad forcing them to hang out together, but I'm pretty sure everyone had a fab time! We went to the AGO to see Alex Colville:

http://www.alexcolville.ca/gallery/

You probably would recognize this painting:


Even though we had seen it already, it was neat to go back. I noticed different things, and was drawn to different paintings this time. It was very interesting. And it was really cool to show my parents the gallery, and the school, and the area of Toronto that I spend a crapload of time.

Then, we all came back to our place. On the menu:

Chips & Guac & Hummus
Crackers & Cheese & Meat
Bacon wrapped waterchestnuts
Veggies & Dips
Peanuts!!
Cheesecake

We had a really nice visit. Aj's parents left around 9-9:30, and Aj went to a friend's down the road for movie night, and my parents stayed for some tea and a game of Carcassonne, and a visit. I miss em. It was a treat to visit them out of the context of home (lots of distractions! Siblings, life, and whatnot). 
I do miss those siblings though, but we'll be up in Alliston again for the artisan fair at the Well Nov. 22. Be there! I'm working on some good stuff for it.


Also- on Thursday we saw Mac Demarco again. It was a really good show. Crazy even.

Upcoming: I got the pictures from our reading week Algonquin trip!!

xoxo 
HP



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.