1.11.14

Halloween!

I noticed y'all have been waiting to see the costume. I had super views last night even though I didn't post anything. But anywho- here it is.

I currently feel like an idiot because of the makeup, but we had to be dead and TBH I didn't wanna do gore. It was an attempt to be classy, but in the photos it looks kind of dumb. At the pub though, in the dark, with only red lights, it probably looked pretty sick.


So. I followed Katie's DIY for it and  it worked out just fine. http://www.abeautifulmess.com/2013/10/bjork-swan-dress-costume-tutorial.html

I unfortunately don't have any other photos of the dress, but the back was bare, plus tutu so it's pretty easy to imagine.

I tried to wear white contacts but couldn't get them in to save my life. Either I'm a wimp, or they were really poor quality. Maybe both. 

My heels didn't last long, and I changed into my converse about an hour into my shift.
I also couldn't fit my glasses over the fake eyelashes, so I went blind til my shift ended. My manager thought I was pre-drinking, but it really was the heels + vision combo.

We had a staff costume contest, which I won (but almost lost to Amy Winehouse!), and was given $100 to spend at the restaurant (yippee...), which me and a few friends promptly drank.

Woulda been nice if it were cash... but we had a great time last night anyway and it was nice to go out and not have to worry about the bill!

After that we (Devon, Josh, Sally, Kirby, Vinnie, Danny, Aj and myself - absent was Cody Clark), all came back to our place and laughed, and talked until 5 in the morning.








As per hang over tradition, we'll probably be in a diner in about an hour. 
Hope your halloween was rad

xoxo
HP


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.