19.11.14

I Used to Sing, and it Turns Out I Still Can

Guys, I thought I couldn't sing anymore. It was really sad. I used to sing every week at church, and all the time at home. When I moved to Toronto, I wasn't really as comfortable singing around Andrew as I was with my mum (she'd always join in, not know the words, and mess it up... I miss my mom), and I stopped going to church (except for when I visit my parents). That's another story, for another day. I'm working up to a post about that.

So anywho, I've sang like 4 times since I moved out a year and a half ago.

I was never really one to record myself singing and share it. I'd record them, get embarrassed, and delete them. It was a personal thing, that I did, because I was curious about how I sounded.

I never really liked my voice, which is part of why I stopped. But since I stopped singing, my poor ole' heart has (WARNING: SAPPY), been yearning for a song, or two.

So here's a song, my first song on my Youtube Channel. You should check out my channel, it's got not a lot on it, but all of my videos are so worth watching! (Sock puppets, am I right?)

It's pretty crappy quality- I took the video on my broken iphone. And I haven't played guitar or sang for a long while. So I picked a simple song, and I like the snow in the background.

It's a cover of King Creosote & Jon Hopkin's song John Taylor's Month Away

Whenever I listen to the album it's off of (Diamond Mine), I cry and think about my family.

:::


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.