25.2.14

3D Quilt Block!

For one of my courses- Form and Structure, a 3D course, we had to make something that was 12x12x3. And 12x12 - I immediately thought QUILT ! 

So I decided to design my own quilt block. Which didn't really work out that well. I was over ambitious and my original plans featured too many bits that included pieces only 1/2" lengths and whatnot. So I scratched that plan as I was finishing  starting my assignment the night before it was due. 

I used translucent fabric and white. The translucent stuff I bought was crappy. I got it for $4 on Queen west, and it would have been great except it was so thin my machine thought it was food to eat, and almost every seam fell apart if it had even the slightest tug. So there are a few holes in this thing. 

Batting on the bottom, string in the middle, quilt block on top. 
And oh yes- LIGHTS inside. Pretty exciting. I had a good time making this project.

And you may recall I wrote a tips for sewing post a while ago. Anywho, my number one tip was to press constantly. And of course two days before I start this project I give my iron to thrift because I thought "I don't have time to sew anymore, this ol' thing just takes up space!" So I had to go out and buy a new iron for this project. Geesh.

But after all that, I think it turned out kind of cool...though not as planned. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.