15.9.14

Soup Catastrophe

Today was going great until right now.
We got our pictures, I'm doing laundry and tidying up, finishing up some homework, things are going swell. Aj and I had a nice morning before he headed off to work. It's getting around lunch time and I felt like making soup.
I found a recipe in the Good Housekeeping Cookbook and got it going. It was cucumber soup and I had one cucumber left from grandma's garden so I was excited to use it in something new. The recipe says to put it in the fridge to cool before you blend it, and as I was putting the bowl of boiling, yummy soup into the fridge, I dropped the entire thing on my feet.

I am so unbelievably sad about this. I wept for twenty minutes before I could even look at it to clean it up and have been sobbing intermittently since then. Aj's at work and I couldn't vent to him about it, so I just sat down to write this here to get it out of my system.

My feet are ok, but for some reason that soup was really special to me because my entire day has been destroyed.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.