21.1.14

Specialization

Hey.
So I'm gonna write a little about a journey I've been on for a while...



I wrote before about Cecily Brown and the influence she had on my practice so far. And since hearing her speak, I've really felt like I want to focus my 'practice' on the figure, and painting people. I'm really not interested in painting much else; I'm not a fan of still life, or landscape paintings. Well. I like looking at them. But I hate painting them myself. 

I was planning on doing a minor in sociology which is available at OCAD. But then today I heard that there's a new specialization: Life studies. It's starting next year. So like, I'd be one of the first ones to get this degree! The specialization means all of my courses would be geared towards painting the figure, learning about the way people work, anatomy, etc. and even some psych/soc stuff. So now what do I do right? 

I thought it would be a good idea to minor in sociology because my end goal is art therapy. But this is like... my passion? And it could lead into art therapy right? like it's all about people..... 

So now I don't know what to do. Should I stay at OCAD for like 2 extra years to minor in sociology too? If I'm doing that, I might as well minor in art history too! Except I'm poor too. So that's a factor. I have a lot of thinking and planning to do. And after hating school for my whole life, I'm all of a sudden looking forward to at least 6 years of schooling (including art therapy school...) or more! 

I think I'm going to set up an appointment with a program adviser or something. I thought this would help me get out this excitement and confusion. But I'm still confused and excited. GAH!

xo 
xo
HP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.