3.12.13

Shapeshifter.

It's finals week and for my mid-term painting project (painting class goes through the whole year, so it's midterms for this class) was to cut up the 10 panels from the semester which I shared before, and create something new. The theme was shapeshifters. Take that how you want to. It was very open ended, and she recommended doing a self portrait. This was the result of mine.




My concept was paint-by-number style. Because we were required to show which project each piece came from, it was easy just to number them.

We have a class of critiques for all of our major projects and the process is this:
1. Concept
2. Major Snag- which for me was that I ran out of the right colour on my past paintings by the time I did the nose, so it's rather white. I also wanted my nose ring to stand out more. Oh well.
3. Major Triumph- I like the way it looks from far away, it blends better and looks a lot more like me. And after staring at it up close for so long, taping each little piece on (that's a lot of little tape rolls to make!), I appreciate it a lot more from a distance.

It's a mix of acrylic and oil, on acetate mounted on foam board. It's 20X20". I used a gloss gel medium on top to unify it and keep some of the tricky pieces stuck down.

Shortly, I'll be sharing my drawing portfolio so check up here in a few days.

xo
Hayley 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.