5.12.13

Time Based Media (Film) Final

Time Based Media (Film & Video) class has not been easy for me. I have issues with the technological side of things, and when I went to school for Drawing & Painting, I did not think I would have to take a video course. I appreciate the course a lot more now that it's over. The course exposed me to performance and video art which I never would have stumbled onto otherwise. My videos aren't that good, or exciting. But I've posted my final if you're interested. It's 8 minutes long, and it's an exploration of two abandoned houses just outside of Alliston/ Tottenham. 

One of my other videos is in the process of being viewed for a juried show at the university, so you can wish me luck with that one!

I decided to share a few of my favourite performance pieces & videos that I saw while in that class.

1. Yoko Ono's 'Cut Piece' 



2. Lisa Steele's 'Birthday Suit: with scars and defects'

This video is not on Youtube, so I can only share a link for this one. 
There is nudity in this film. 



3. Martha Rosler's 'Semiotics of the Kitchen'



3. George Melies' 'A Trip to the Moon'

I haven't watched the full thing, it's just interesting to skip through and look at all the different scenes. 


4. Edwearde Muybridge's works



 
And finally, here's my video... 







No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.