13.12.13

Drawing

I've had a bit of a rough go with my drawing class. I was a little disappointed in the content of the course. I don't have any pictures of my major assignments because one of them my professor misplaced, another I don't like, and the last one I haven't finished. So instead, I'm sharing a bit of what the sketchbook work is like. We are required to keep an ongoing sketchbook for most of our classes. The drawing sketchbook has specific requirements for what we have to include, so these are a few pages out of it.



Ongoing facial features studies


Our drawing class has visited the Allan Gardens in Toronto twice this term to study plants in different media. We have been working with water based materials quite a bit. This one is ink and ink washes.


This one is not from Allan Gardens, but it is also water based. I bought water soluble oil pastels and graphite, and have had a lot of fun experimenting with all of the water based media available. 


Water based media


Along with the facial features, we also have to complete ongoing studies of hands and feet.





We have done way too many plant studies.



This is actually one of my major assignments. It isn't finished yet. It's supposed to be a foliage canopy with shaded textures in the negative space. I am not a fan of shading. EVER. 


Water based media


OCAD comes with a membership to the AGO, and the professors take advantage of it as much as they can. One of our sketchbook exercises was to study the Henry Moore sculpture collection at the AGO. I really enjoyed it, it was nice to sit in a gallery where it's quiet and draw these beautiful sculptures.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.