10.4.15

Final Projects

Hey! As promised, here are some photos of my most recent (and final) projects for second year. It's almost over. I have one critique and two exams left, but I'm ignoring those for now.

As I mentioned before, Andrew and I were working on a collaborative piece in our 6 hour painting studio course. So we made a painting about Alliston (kind of), and grade 12 (kind of). It was just a nostalgic lil thang about our hometown. It was the first time we worked together and it went really well. We actually worked on each canvas simultaneously, alongside one another. It was a lot of fun and we're planning on doing it again.

Part of the assignment was to build canvases that were different shapes. We drew shapes for about two hours before we picked this combination, and we're not really sure why we liked it so much. But we did. So yeah!

We also limited our paints to three colours and mixed all of our colours from that: Andrew used Alizarin Crimson, Lemon Yellow, Pthalo Blue & Zinc/Titanium Whites. I shared his but also used a little bit of Napthol Red, Hansa Yellow, and Ultramarine Blue. So we each had our 3 primaries & white and made all of our own colours (nice!).


One of our classmates, Jill, sent me this so I thought I'd include it for size and cause I think we're kind of cute (thanks Jill!).













Those are all closeups of that piece.

I also had two encaustic pieces due this past week:


It's kind of hard to tell what this is (I ran out of time), but it's taken from an image of me from our canoe trip in August (the beaver fever trip). It's me sitting in the tent in the semi-dark, overcast, rainy weather, snacking on some trail mix or something. Or biting my nails, cause I do that.


 And this is Tom Chill. I had a pile of pictures of my friends' faces, and asked a friend who didn't know them which one I should do. He picked this one cause "he has a good nose." So I did a wax portrait of him. 

If you want to buy it, or the one of me in the tent (they smell good!!) you can!

xoxo
It's almost over. 
Cross your fingers for the Woods job for us.

HP

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.