2.9.13

Summer Update!

I noticed that I had a bunch of page views around my birthday and thought, maybe I should shoot an update.
I had this idea that a blog without pictures was no fun at all. & since I don't have a digital camera at the moment (Though hopefully soon because I'm upgrading to an iphone & my bf's mom has offered us her old one), I haven't posted all summer.

But for those of you that follow this to see what I'm up to, here's a small update.
I got that job as a seamstress. Here's a link to the website: http://hopskip.ca/
Google maps actually hasn't updated it yet, so if you look up the address, it's not there! It's down the street! They moved recently. My job has it's ups & downs. We'll see how it goes. My position didn't stay seamstress for long: I'm now a keyholder + I pay bills + seamstress + sales associate. It's just a little more than I thought, but luckily schools starting and my hours are slowing down along with my responsibilities there. I'm really thankful for it through the summer though, it has been the perfect job. It's a 15min. streetcar ride which I love (I can tell you every road running N/S along St. Clair from here to Wychwood Ave!).

Andrew & I moved June 22nd, and I started work June 23rd (crazy). I'm at Yonge & St. Clair. The move was pretty easy- we had the help of some nice guy friends, (Danny Nehmeth! Cody Clark! Devon Chalmers! & NOT VINNIE) & Aj's parents. We had also paid for the month of June. We moved slowly- every Saturday. It was a little stressful because that was exam time too, but things worked out and I passed all my classes, phew! I haven't posted any pictures yet! But don't worry I will. I'm so excited to show you our home. (which is pretty small...)

I'll post about the place when I have a camera.

So mostly this summer has been working to pay rent & a few days off. I've visited home a few times when I have a day off. I've gone shoppin' a couple times, kensington, queen st, yorkville. We went to the Jazz Festival which was sweet, we went to the beach & casa loma. I turned 18. This summer has been good. short, but pretty freakin good.

I have my orientation at OCAD tomorrow (which I forgot to mention I got accepted to), and I have my first class on Thursday. My classes this semester are painting, drawing, time based media (whatever that is!), history and photography. Sounds good to me.

Hugs & Kisses
H

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.