26.5.13

Thrifting House Things.

Well. Getting ready to move out has been pretty crazy, but fun. I have almost everything I'll need. I have all my dishes, and appliances.... too many probably. And most of it I got from the thrift store, or they were handed down to me.

Thrifting was the best. Finding silly things, useful things, some really nice things. The problem I have usually, is that I find too many things.

Since most of my kitchen and living room stuff is packed up right now, I thought I'd show you some of the extra stuff that I found while thrifting. The stuff that I don't really need.... I don't really need kitchen things at the moment, but when I unpack them I promise to show you some of my cool finds.

I wanted to get some cookbooks so I can cook my self fabulous meals. HA. We'll see about that. On my current budget, I'll probably be eating KD. I found some pretty sweet cookbooks though, and some that are just wacky. Like my Campbell's soup cookbook. It's all recipes that include soup. Or my 'Art of Chinese Cooking' cookbook, which will probably be too difficult for a beginner cook like me. Anywho, here they are in all their stacked up, unused (by me) glory.


The second cookbook from the top, was actually a school spelling primer that someone pasted their recipes into! I got it from a museum for a twonie, and it's from the 30s. Pretty cool!

The other thing I've been wanting to have for my home, is houseplants. I have the plants- thanks to Grandma. But didn't have anything to put them in. So I found some bowls, and pots for planting.

My first plant is aloe! I love aloe. I'm pretty white, which means I get sunburnt in like 10 seconds. So, aloe will be a nice thing to have around.


My brother actually gave that pot to my mom for Christmas one year when he was tiny. My mom kills plants, so I stole it.

Andrew gave me this tiny Jade plant when we first met. It's a branch off of his family's Jade tree, which has been around for a long time. Everyone's got a bit of it! I found this bowl at the Re-store. 


The last thing I wanted to share with you today is really cool. I asked Aj to make me something to hang my jewellery on and he did. It's pretty neat. It keeps me organized, which has been a problem for me since...well since I was born.



I have a lot more stuff that I'd like to share, so I'll keep you posted as I find things.
xo
Hayley

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.