26.5.13

Belt Mat

After I wrote my last post, I felt inspired to finish off some ongoing projects I had.

The one I'm going to share with you, was my belt mat/rug. I made it for me to put my shoes on in my future home. I got the belts from a local thrift store during a bag sale. The bag cost me $5, and I had 6 belts, a few sweaters and my new purse. Pretty sweet deal.

I got the idea off of Pinterest. Yes, I admit, I often waste my time perusing things like rugs, and teapots. This is the original picture.


I was a little concerned that 6 belts wasn't enough- I could have sworn I bought more...but I cut them to fit onto my backing (which I'll get to in a minute), and they fit perfectly. It's small, but I have small feet and I don't own many pairs of shoes!

For the backing I used an embroidery canvas- it's thick and it was a perfect size. I spray adhered each piece of belt onto it first before stitching them down. It held them down while I sewed. It went really quickly, and I'm happy with the results.....which obviously aren't as perfect as the Pinterest version. But mine will do the job, and I like it :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.