10.10.13

Nuit Blanche and some thoughts on T.O.








So we went to Nuit Blanche last week, and I feel pretty lame that it was the first event we've really been to. We went to the Jazz festival & Casa Loma in the summer. As artists though, we've been encouraged to see gallery openings, and visit the ROM + AGO (to which we have free entrance). And I haven't yet! The school also has many guest artists and speakers, and I haven't gone to a single thing.

I haven't been involved in anything at all. And that's my new goal- to check stuff out, and start doing fun things. Otherwise, what's the point in living here anyway?


Last night I saw my cousin play at the Hard Luck Bar in a band called Signifier. It was a good time, and good music. I have to do this kind of stuff way more.


Also- I'm taking photography + video right now and we're encouraged to always have cameras on us and to record/photograph whatever we like. So: on the way home from Nuit Blanche, I noticed how loud the subway was. Usually people, even if it's only standing room, never say a word. I'll get on the subway in the morning and I'm squished up against like 60 other people trying to hold onto something. AND IT'S SILENT. But the energy of Nuit Blanche, and some kind of sports match, seemed to spread into the subway and it was noisy!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.