11.3.13

Pillow Shams

Start with: An ugly pillow!

Like so-


First I measured it out - 17X16". I added two inches to each side (which made it pretty loose- for a tighter fit, I would add 1 inch and use 1/4 or 1/2" seams.)

This is hard to explain, but I'll try my best.

I used a 19X18" square for the front. For the back (shown below), I used two 22X18" pieces. I folded them in half and stitched around the outer3 edges for each. Because the pieces are large, they overlap in the centre by a few inches to keep the pillow in.



Check out the overlap to keep it closed ^^



 Since my sham was a bit big, I stitched a button and a strip (with a button hole) on the other side to keep it shut.


And that's that! 
Happy sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments & feedback!! Please feel free to leave some here.